Supported people who had been through the justice system and were in recovery from substance misuse.
- 6 people supported
- 300+ hours of volunteering time completed
- 300+ hours of work experience time completed
- 18 hours of training completed
- 4 people completed the programme
- 3 went into employment
- 1 person referred on to another Antz Junction programme
- Member short term goals included “to feel stable in myself after losing my dad.” Long term goals are “to feel confident and get back into full-time paid employment.”
- Member feels that the “weekly support and confidence-building” is helping to achieve their goals.
- Member feels that “accepting help, support and praise” has been a recent achievement of being on the project.
- Additionally, they feel that the project has been “very successful, I’d be lost without the Antz Junction team at present.”
Member Case Study
Engagement in the Achieving Success programme has enabled AS1 to feel a sense of purpose and belonging, which is something not felt for a long period of time.
AS1 has taken part in valuable work placements supporting community members with similar experiences. The member is not returning to alcoholism so is a cost-saving to the NHS (e.g. costs relating to alcoholism).
The Achieving Success project has enabled us to carry out the ethos of Antz to grow and develop our communities. This funding has enabled us to grow our ethos and purpose to deliver to communities.Jen Gillies Pemberton, CEO Antz Junction
Every person should have an opportunity to overcome barriers and achieve his / her fullest potential and contribute fully to their community.
Digital Life-Line: Community Fund
Distributing digital communication to people directly and via NGO’s who have no access to online facilities and are at significant risk of mental health issues and re-offending. We will also support connectivity through further training and support.
With your help, we can support more people to get back on their feet and into work. Your donation will fund Antz Junction work and make a big difference.